If you ache to rewrite this job description into something captivating, you may be for us. Meanwhile, here it is!
MARKETING and COMMUNICATION MANAGER
NewCo is looking for a dynamic leader to drive marketing and communications activities for its fast growing event platform and brand.
Under the direction of the Executive Producer, with input from the company’s Chair and the Executive Committee, the MarCom Manager will be responsible for executing all aspects of marketing communication strategy including identifying key networking partners, creating and supervising marketing content, driving promotional activities, managing brand presence and attendee marketing, and creation of sales and marketing collateral.
The MarCom Manager role requires a strong aptitude for multitasking, a sharp focus for details, an ability to find the humor in chaos and an innate sense of urgency to promptly respond. The right person for the role must be clever, thoughtful and tenacious. He/she must have a passion for start-ups and the “NewCo economy,” and a “can-do” attitude and a hunger to take NewCo to the next level.
- Help to develop and execute company’s marketing communication and brand marketing strategy
- Identify and connect with key marketing partners, including civic agencies, business organizations, and entrepreneurial associations.
- Work to tell the ‘growth of the movement’ story of NewCo to advertisers, taking into consideration marketing message and goals
- Understand the competitive landscape, trends and client needs for advertising with an eye toward translating this intelligence into sponsorship packages
- Provide strategic insights and recommendations when it comes to all partner pitches
- Compose first drafts for event invitations, email messaging, promotions, blog posts, and social media channels
- Maintain central hub of all current marketing assets to ensure the entire team has easy access to materials on demand
- Maintain NewCo editorial and events calendars
- Help to maintain company website content and news announcements
- Identify key channels that target company’s core audience and build relationships to leverage “friend of friend“ networks.
- Manage company’s presence at co-marketing events
- Manage outside resources where necessary
- Work to drive consistent brand messaging across the organization.
- Build the brand guidelines as needed to meet the needs of a growing company.
- Build and manage the global marketing calendar.
- Consolidate marketing and sales best practices by region to identify and leverage opportunities for future execution.
- Package current campaigns into “kits” that affiliate partners can use to drive campaigns.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years experience in event and/or brand marketing with experience in how marketing is utilized by a sales organization
- Able to both create strategies and execute quickly on them.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter, detail-oriented, with strong editing and computer graphics skills
- Proven track record of acquiring customers and expanding brand presence through partnerships and strategic promotional activities
- Clear focus on and understanding of brand integrity/affinity/awareness
- Strong analytics skills and experience with tracking key performance metrics for event marketing and partnerships
- Experienced delivering integrated campaigns: email, digital ads, web, social media.
- Knowledge and experience in the planning and execution of events
- Superior time and project management skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and quantitative analysis
- Highly entrepreneurial spirit, organized and able to function independently.
- Able to deal with rapidly changing priorities.
- Enthusiastic team player and self-starter commitment to excellence.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Keynote, Adobe Creative Suite, comScore and measurement products
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Proficient in Adobe CreativeSuite and other design tools
- Proficient in web site maintenance and design fundamentals
- Agency experience a plus.
- BA/BS strongly preferred
- Some travel required – estimated 10%
If you’re the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, NewCo may be the place for you.
To Apply: send cover note and resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.