We’re hiring! This is a great opportunity for a self-starter based in the San Francisco Bay Area to get in early with a growing editorial team, working directly with talented senior edit staff members at this start-up events and media company.
- Daily production of NewCo Daily items and Company Profiles in WordPress, involving tagging, SEO headlines, social headlines, image sizing and social cards.
- Troubleshooting bugs as necessary in MailChimp and WordPress with developers and seeking creative solutions for them.
- Being proactive about researching and scoping ways to make our production process more efficient, such as automation of WordPress to MailChimp export features.
- Daily trafficking and production of ad assets for email newsletters and new ad placements that we invent.
- Photo editing- finding images, and cropping to produce for site, emails and social.
- Engaging with our readers on social channels with the goal of promoting NewCo content. Smart, real-time analysis of where stories are trending, noting referring sources to optimize traffic on the fly.
- Possible production of short videos and audio for social platform distribution— ie: Facebook and Twitter, to start (possibly SnapChat and YouTube later on).
- Internships or 1-3 years work experience in journalism, media or other content environment.
- Working knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp, Photoshop, or other text and photo editing tools.
- Familiarity with A/B testing, iterative software development processes, quality assurance, and bug squashing.
- Working knowledge of best practices around sharing content to social platforms.
- Knowledge of code, design, UX a bonus.
- Flexible, agile player who can handle constant change that comes with being part of a mid-stage start up.
- Jack of all trades who can roll up their sleeves and dive in on any task, and is willing to put in long (but flexible) hours to get the job done.
- BA degree.
This is a contract position with potential to be full time within three months.
To apply, email NewCoFest@NewCo.co.
Great founders. Great culture. Chance to join a team before we grow past 20 people. Challenging, interesting, and fun work. Interaction with hundreds of exemplary companies. Amazing investors (not yet published but will detail FTF). Chance to create your own products to sell and fulfill.